What is Bacopa Monnieri?
Bacopa Monnieri is a creeper that is native to India, Australia. You can use the entire plant for its health benefits .In Ayurvedic texts, it was mentioned in the 6th century A.D. as having health benefits. It has been used for its health benefits, including the prevention of disease and strengthening the mind. This plant was used by Hindu devotees to aid them in memorizing long passages. It has been proven to increase cognitive function, reduce anxiety and protect brain cells from harm through extensive research. Bacopa Monnieri, unlike other stimulants does not deplete nerve cells. Bacopa Monnieri reduces mental deficiencies and sharpens intellect. The plant’s powerful compounds, Bacosides, are responsible for its health benefits. Bacopa Monnieri is also an adaptogen which lowers stress and anxiety.
Bacopa Monnieri’s Benefits
Bacopa Monnieri (BM), is high in powerful antioxidants. This prevents the development of long-term diseases such as cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. These results have been confirmed by studies:
- It neutralizes all free radicals.
- BM can help with signs of dementia-related memory loss.
- Lipid peroxidation occurs when fat molecules react with free radicals. Lipid peroxidation can lead to neurodegenerative conditions like Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s. Bacopa Monnieri prevents fat molecules reacting with these dangerous radicals.
- BM serves as a memory booster. It increases the speed at which you can recall information and improves your memory. It has been proven by studies:
- BM improves memory for the elderly.
- After taking BM, new information was kept with a lower chance of forgetting it.
- Bacopa was able to improve memory and cognitive function.
- It is an adaptogen which lowers stress and anxiety. According to studies:
- BM helps with anxiety and depression.
- Bacopa standardized extract worked just as well as lorazepam.
- Bacopa has been known to be a brain tonic. Brain cells are protected from the effects of ageing and other antioxidants. Numerous clinical trials have demonstrated
- Bacopa reduces Parkinson’s disease-related degeneration.
- It works against various age-related diseases.
What Does Bacopa Monnieri Do to the Human Brain?
Bacopa Monnieri’s most important benefits are due to the active compounds called Bacosides. After consuming Bacopa Monnieri, you may begin to notice its benefits within 4-8 weeks. BA’s nootropic effects are due to its ability regulate neurotransmitters (chemical messengers) and improve communication between nerve cells.
These are some of the benefits to the brain :
- It increases the growth and multiplication nerve extensions (dendrites), which allows for the movement of neural impulses through them.
- A synapse is a connection between two nerve cells that allows impulses to pass. Bacosides make nerve cells and synapses more responsive to nerve impulses.
- Bacopa can also increase the activity of proteins within the hippocampus. This is a key part of your brain. BM increases brainpower because the hippocampus is a key part of cognitive functions.
Consuming BM can also increase chemical messengers that are associated with cognition such as serotonin and GABA. (18) This makes BM a good choice for anxiety and stress. GABA helps to prevent anxiety and stress from overfiring nerve cells. Bacopa Monnieri also protects your brain against damage from oxidative stress. This makes it useful in degenerative diseases such as Parkinson’s.
How Do You Use Bacopa Monnieri & Dosage?
Bacopa Monnieri supplements are available in capsules and powder form. It is best to take it with food or milk, as it is fat-soluble. It can be consumed with hot liquid .It may be easy to feel its calming effects within a few days. However, you should keep it up for at least 2-3 months to reap the full benefits.
Bacopa Monnieri’s standard dose is 300mg. It contains 55% bacosides. Bacopa Monnieri contains 20% bacosides. The recommended daily intake is 750mg.
What are the potential side-effects of Bacopa Monnieri?
Bacopa has been shown to be well-tolerated and safe. The studies did not show any toxic side effects. Nausea and fatigue were the most common side effects. It all depends on how much you tolerate. Some people feel pumped after taking BM, which can disrupt their sleep. You can still take BM in the morning if you have such a condition. Others may feel tired and sleepy. You can still take it at night in this situation. It is possible to start with a low dose and then monitor the effects. Gradually, you will be able to adjust the dosage and timing to suit your best.
How do you stack Bacopa Monnieri?
Bacopa Monnieri can be used in combination with most other nootropics. For mood and cognition enhancement, it is often combined with herbal supplements. Here are some examples:
- For anxiety and stress: Combine with anxiolytic nootropics like phenibut or aniracetam.
- To increase your physical energy, you can combine phenylpiracetam and oxiracetam
Bacopa Monnieri, an herb supplement, has many benefits. For centuries, it was used as a herbal mental and physical tonic. BA enhances memory and cognitive function. It protects your brain against age-related changes and free radicals. The powerful brain booster works well both when taken alone and in combination with other nootropics. It is well-tolerated and safe. It may be effective within a few days, but it is best to use it for several months to reap the full benefits. Bacopa is a natural supplement that can boost brainpower and alleviate anxiety.